Tuesday 17 January 2012

#137 In the studio: painting . . .



The painting studio is separate from the sculpture studios, 
is situated along the Popo Agie River and has beautiful north light.  It is a delightful room and although I don't have time to paint as much as I'd like to, painting was part of my training at the Kansas City Art Institute when I was young. 

Painting is a great diversion from sculpture which at times can be physically demanding - especially monuments.

Over the past fifty years I have returned to it from time to time and last year as well as this year I've put a small painting in the miniature section at the Autry Masters Show in Los Angeles. This year's entry can be seen in #110, posted Dec. 17, 2011. It's a painting of my rooster, "Old Red" who is no longer with us - a fox got him - but not before I painted his portrait. I'll post it again after it's framed and before Autry.



Shown below is a recent 9" x 6" still life owned by Trish Smith





Go to the BLOG INDEX on the right for more information.

Blog, text, photos, drawings, and sculpture . . . © Sandy Scott and Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment