Sunday 15 January 2012

#135 In the studio: Pheasant still life con't . . .



Pheasant rooster looking east toward the pond
I have pheasants on my property in Lander, Wyoming
and I routinely observe, photograph and draw them from my studio window.

I obtained additional study material from a pheasant hunt last fall.  I always save the wings and tails to use as studio reference. The new pheasant sculpture has been on my mind for years and living with this old rooster every day was all I needed to finally actualize the piece.

Whether the artist works from nature, from memory or from fantasy, nature is always the source of creative impulses.
                                                      - Hans Hoffmann




Wings from fall pheasant hunt






Go to the BLOG INDEX on the right for more information.

Blog, text, photos, drawings, and sculpture . . . © Sandy Scott and Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment