Tuesday 3 January 2012

#124 In the field: "Brittany and Bobs"









We went quail hunting in northeastern Oklahoma while in Tulsa for the holidays.  We took my Brittany, Penny to Tom Woods place where she received her initial training.


Penny was  given to me by my sister, Nancy in 2009 and I got to pick her out when she was only 2 days old.  Her mama is a Rick Smith dog 
(tops in the Brittany world) and although she is a pet, her breeding shows when she is afield.  I take her hunting as often as I can and have good reason to brag about her.













Many of my collectors are sportsman and hunters and they can tell if the wildlife artist has "been there" or not.  Upland bird hunting is only one of many outdoor experiences that provide reference material for my art.




Brittany and Bobs
7 1/4 x 5 1/4
Original etching by Sandy Scott 


http://www.woodskennel.com/ 


Go to the BLOG INDEX on the right for more information.

Blog, text, photos, drawings, and sculpture . . . © Sandy Scott and Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment