Friday 11 November 2011

#80 In the field: The deer stand . . .




An inch of snow fell yesterday as we made our way down an old logging road.  We parked the truck in the silvery gray dawn and entered the wet woods on a game trail we had scouted last week while grouse hunting.  


Trish spent the day on a low granite ridge overlooking a little meadow and I hiked further and sat in the wooded fringes.


I absorbed my vista in solitude and sat silent all day listening to wilderness sounds.  I recaptured the sense of wonder, curiosity and adventure I had felt during my early years in the North country as the rocks, trees, birds and all that I found there became my world.  

Cold and snowy - back to the cabin by moonlight.  Full Rutting Moon, Full Frosty Moon. The cabin warmth felt good.  




Spooked  
Detail from original etching
used by Gray's Sporting Journal and
Leupold Optics catalog




Go to the BLOG INDEX on the right for more information.

Blog, text, photos, drawings, and sculpture . . . © Sandy Scott and Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment