Monday 14 November 2011

#83 In the studio: "Pipestone Marsh Bull"



Tomorrow we pack, drain and close the camp for the season.  It's almost freeze up and yesterday I spent the day in the studio.  We have been deer hunting the past few days and it helped to get away and return to the moose sculpture with "fresh eyes".

If I cast the moose I'll name the old boy Pipestone Marsh because that's where we saw him earlier this month.  I will take the model to the Lander studio to finish where I have a library, video and more extensive "scrap" or reference files.  I will continue to use the Bob Kuhn painting as the pose.




                    Immature artists imitate.
                       Mature artists steal.
                                        Lionel Trilling



Go to the BLOG INDEX on the right for more information.

Blog, text, photos, drawings, and sculpture . . . © Sandy Scott and Trish





No comments:

Post a Comment