Wednesday 14 March 2012

#185 In the field: Everett Raymond Kinstler: "Pulps to Portraits"


Last weekend Trish and I took a whirlwind trip to the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, MA to attend a retrospective exhibition tracing the seven decade journey
of one of the most prominent artists of our time: Everett Raymond Kinstler.

Ray began his career as a comic book artist and illustrator and evolved into a distinguished portrait painter of seven United States presidents, celebrities and other notable figures.  He is a giant in the art world, an American treasure and I am delighted to know Ray and his lovely wife Peggy as friends.

I've known Ray and Peggy for years.  I worked with Peggy when she was editor
of Informart Magazine and knew Ray from mutual participation in museum shows
such as Prix de West in Oklahoma City.  He sponsored my membership into the
National Arts Club in New York City and we own each others art.

At right and below, I'm with Peggy and Ray at the gala opening.




No comments:

Post a Comment