Saturday 30 April 2022

#776 "Trail Creek Brownies" Wall Mount

 

(click on image to enlarge)

"Trail Creek Brownies" Wall Mount
18"H x 10"W x 3"D
Ed. size 50
2200

When I see trout hanging from a twig I think of Ken Bunn.  Ken was a celebrated master sculptor whose work I greatly admire.  I lived in Ft. Collins, Colorado years ago and when Ken and Mary came up from Denver we would fish the Cache la Poudre River in the Rocky Mountain foothills.  Trish and I owned property there which had a tributary to the Poudre running through it called Trail Creek where we would all camp along the stream.

Ken grew up in Denver and was an excellent fly fisherman.  Each morning he would cast the beaver pond upstream and return with fresh caught brown trout for breakfast.  I can close my eyes and smell the bacon sizzling on the campfire and see the trout hanging close by waiting to be cooked in the hot oil.  Great memories of a missed friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment