Saturday 30 April 2022

#774 "Tempest"

(click on image to enlarge)

 "Tempest" 
17"H 21"W 8D
Ed. Size 25
4200




My personal ideal of equine aesthetic perfection is an ongoing pursuit and at any given time I have several horse sculptures in progress in the studio.  I'm influenced by Greek and Renaissance sculpture from antiquity as well as Bayre and Fremiet from the 19th century and Anna Hyatt Huntington and Adolph Weinman from the 20th century.

My goal while creating "Tempest" was to present a feeling of dignity and drama with a symbolic pose of wind- tossed mane depicting power, beauty, and proportion. As a lover of horses, one who grew up with and has always owned horses, I enter the realm of instinct while contemplating the design of what I consider the most beautiful animal on earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment