Wednesday 11 June 2014

#538 In the museums: Prix de West . . . "Requiem for the Fallen"


Tomorrow night, the Prix de West Invitational Art Exhibition opens at the National Cowboy Museum and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City.  This is my 26th year at the prestigious event and as in previous years, it is very important to me to introduce new work.  All of my works this year are newly released in 2014 and two of them
have never been exhibited: "Falcon Flight" and "Requiem for the Fallen".

Below, are two images of "Requiem for the Fallen", followed by the catalogue remarque.

 Requiem for the Fallen
16"H 33"W 8"D



Remarque:  "On a beautiful September morning in 2001,  I watched in horror as our great nation 
was attacked by terrorists.  Seeking solitude and reflection, I entered my studio . . . overwhelmed 
by the need to respond to the unspeakable events as they unfolded throughout the day.

The clay sketch, Requiem for the Fallen was the result and at the end of that unbearable day,
I placed the rough block-in on a shelf where it collected dust for over 12 years.
Several months ago, I revisited the abandoned clay model and cast it in bronze."


http://www.nationalcowboymuseum.org



To learn more about the subjects in this blog go to the links below.  

For a complete list of the blog index go to the Index Page and 
type the subject in the Search This Blog link on the right.




Blog, text, photos, drawings, and sculpture . . . © Sandy Scott and Trish







No comments:

Post a Comment