Monday 4 June 2012

#251 Living with art: Swamp Buck



The Prix de West in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma opens this weekend and 3 of the 4 pieces I have entered will be new works.  Although Prix de West  attracts collectors from all over the country, Oklahoma is whitetail country and I hope Swamp Buck appeals to the folks in the beautiful state where I grew up.

This is my 24th year participating in the prestigious invitational and I look forward to seeing collectors, gallery and museum people, students, art lovers, friends, and fellow artists.  It is museum shows like the Prix de West and the winter show at the Autry Museum in Los Angeles that have been responsible for the continuing interest and excellence in representational and figurative art.


Swamp Buck with a conte drawing of deer by Bob Kuhn



No comments:

Post a Comment